Monday, January 15, 2007

Movies I watched this weekend



Guru:

A real class of Mani Ratnam. Whoever says that Abhishek Or Aishwarya can't act, please go and watch the movie. You are surely going to change your opinion. And now Abhi-Ash wedding bells are ringing, if you really want to see the chemistry, which was lagging in previous movies like Dhai Akshar prem ke, kuch na kaho or Umrao Jaan, here is the chemistry :). Anyone should watch this movie for the genius of Mani Ratnam. What a great director can do? He can make a plastic face(!!) do the real acting. A movie based on Dhirubhai Ambani, where Dhirubhai becomes Gurubhai. Really nice plot, great characters, fabulous acting and above all splendid music. You can expect this when two genius meet each other(ARR and MR). I was a fan of Mani before this movie but after watching each of his movie, I'm just getting addicted to him. I think I will have to learn tamil to watch his tamil movies ;). Don't want to tell much here as it is better to go and experience the magic.

Woh Lamhe:

I wanted to watch this movie since some time. The major reason was Shiney Ahuja, Kangana Ranaut and awesome music. Both the actors made a very good impression on me in their previous movies (Gangster). Well it was coming on cable and the print was really nice so I started watching it. In some corner of my mind, I was feeling that I'm going to get bored soon (Mahesh bhatt calling) but as I started watching it I was just getting in to it. First half of the movie was really pacy. With some good performance of both the leading actors. And as I told above, melodious music was just adding spice to it. But I found second half too be quite slow and little bit loud. Mahesh Bhatt could've made this much better. The movie was based on Parveen Babi's story, If it was her real story, I really feel sad for her. And it just shows that the glamorous life brings quite sad and pettier life with it. Overall an average movie. Once watch kinda, on DVD of course:)

3 comments:

ankurindia said...

yep its kool movie

Chigs said...

Hmmm...finally Guru gave u a chance to talk abt Abhi and Ash :)

Keep blogging...

Anonymous said...

You write very well.