Thursday, September 01, 2011

The Poster


When you sit idle, your mind wanders, it wanders to the distant old memories and most of the times those memories make you smile. So around 10 years back, I was in college (TEN years!!!). We used to stay in the hostel. One morning when I got down from my room, the security guard, who knew us, caught me and gave me a package. I asked who gave you, he mentions a girl on the scooter came and gave him and asked him to give it to me. I asked A GIRL!!! Well that was a surprise if not a shock for sure. Well packaged looked like a poster or calendar of some kind. I went to my room and opened it and found it to be a poster of:

This is not the same poster. I couldn't find originial on google! 

None other than Aishwarya. Now I had a big crush on the ex miss world Aishwarya (I still like her but I guess I have moved on!), and most of my friends were aware of that fully, so that could have been one of them (though I would be really surprised then too!). But who was this mystery girl, I asked all my girl- friends, around in college and some of them even ridiculed me that a GIFT for YOU! why would I do that! So here is the mystery that I am still not able to solve. That poster is still with me though in my cupboard at my home in India, but I am still waiting for that mystery girl to come out one day and tell me it was me!

PS: In a hindsight I think there is a high chance that some of my friends have pulled a trick on me by may be just bribing that security guard and tell him that a girl gave it to him.. Though I would still like to think otherwise :)

No comments: