Monday, September 05, 2016

Vali @ Atlanta

They say when you travel you learn a lot. You learn about the world, about different cultures and you see and experience things that you can not sitting in your couch. One of the best part for me when travelling is meeting people and talking and listening to their stories. I am not bit extrovert like many of my friends, and I take my time when talking with people but still I try my best to make people comfortable and listen to their stories and tell my stories to them.

So this is a story about a man, may be in his early 50s. When in Atlanta, we were looking for some nice different pizzeria as my kids love pizza like any kids. I found this place called Pizza Wali. It has some very interesting food combination and very close to our hotel. So we decided to give it a try. Food was awesome but when visiting second time as I promised to owner, I will just call him "Wali", we started talking.

Wali bhai is a Pathan from Afghanistan/Pakistan area. He is in US in atlanta for about 40 years and has got 4 kids. I have two and he expects next time when I meet him I should have other two :)  He really had very interesting stories to tell about his life and his business in Atlanta. He goes for Hajj every year and takes two of his kids alternately. He like most people I meet is frustrated with the politics in the religious places and religion in general. Tells me he makes sure to server and get halal food in all situation. He has decided to follow the path that he believes is right and doesn't make compromises there even if he has to make losses in the business sometime. It was a wonderful chat about life in general. When bidding good bye, we hugged each other and he actually insisted that we stay at his home that night. He mentioned he has a big home and I think he has a bigger heart! It was really sweet gesture and I would've taken the offer if I didn't have to catch a flight very early in the morning.

I don't know if I will ever meet this wonderful person again in my life, I sincerely wish and hope I do but one thing is sure that I will remember him for rest of my life. 

No comments: